Public engagement through scrutiny
Wednesday 10th February, 2010
If you do not receive a response within 24 hours of submitting your booking form, please contact us on 0207 296 6451.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
On completing and submitting the online booking form for this event you are agreeing to the following:
- Telephone bookings cannot be accepted
- All correspondence, including amendments and cancellations, must be received in writing (fax/post/email)
- Substitute delegates can be made at any time
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of CfPS, to change the content and timing of the programme, speakers and venue
- Refunds will only be given if written cancellation notice is received within 14 days of the event
Public engagement is a top priority for many public sector organisations, but how do you do this effectively? This event will look at how public engagement can help hold executives to account and explores the importance of reflecting the voice and concerns of the public through scrutiny. Public engagement through scrutiny will also assess the various channels available to us to engage with the public.
Who should attend?
- Scrunity officers
- Community engagement officers
10:15 Welcome and introductions; outline of day
10:30 'Public engagement' what is it, and why do we find it so difficult?
A general introduction to some of the theory, and some thoughts on why public organisations seem to struggle to understand it.
11:30 Plugging into councillors’ community leadership role: CCfA and petitions
A look at the opportunities provided by councillors’ existing community leadership role. How can councillors bring their skills to bear to enable the voice and concerns of the public?
13:30 Workshop: dealing with common issues
An opportunity to work through some hypothetical case studies and share potential solutions to common problems, and sharing ideas about more effectively bringing the public into the scrutiny process.
15:00 Integrating local people into the work you do: going beyond consultation and involvement
16:00 Plenary: things to take away
To book your place please complete attached booking form.
How to book:
Holiday Inn – Regents Park, Carburton Street, London W1W 5EE