Thursday 19th March, 2009
How to win friends and influence partners
Engagement with partners is now more important than ever. Changes to local government following the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 will make it crucial for scrutiny functions to be able to start and maintain a meaningful dialogue with local, regional and national partners. These are big new responsibilities that will be a significant, and public, test of scrutiny’s mettle across the country. Given the potential benefits both to local people and to the scrutiny function, it’s vital that officers and members have the right skills to make it happen.
This event will help you to identify and develop these skills. The CfPS Conference Officer Development Day in June 2009 will also address these issues, and “How to win friends and influence partners” will enable you to gather valuable background knowledge in advance on this day. It will also be an extremely useful standalone event both for officers and members.
The session’s objectives are:
• To provide attendees with background information about the legislative requirements to engage with partners;
• To explore the benefits of partnership working and provide practical guidance on ensuring its success;
• To highlight notable practice of authorities or organisations involved in partnership scrutiny in the context of LAAs, and in other fields;
• To signpost further CfPS guidance and training on partnership working.
Who should attend:
• chairs of overview and scrutiny
• overview and scrutiny members
• overview and scrutiny officers
• local area agreement partners
• policy officers
To register, please click here for booking form and return to Fateha Begum at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation of your place via email.
• Substitute delegates can be made at any time
• It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of CfPS, to change the content and timing of the programme, speakers and venue
• Refunds will only be given if written cancellation notice is received within 14 days of the event
How to book:
Victoria Park Plaza, London