CfPs Payments over £500
The Centre for Public Scrutiny has begun, like local authorities, to publish all items of spending over £500. As well as increasing openness and accountability, which is part of our mission statement as an independent charity, this ensures that we meet the same transparency requirements as the hundreds of councils with whom we work.
We are publishing details of payments made on or after 1 April 2010, initially on a quarterly basis but now monthly. We have also published the full list from 2009-10. However, we believe that simply publishing data does not on its own lead to full accountability and we intend to develop ways of making our published data more meaningful in terms of making clear what we do with the money we spend.
The material published is taken from our accounting system and includes the following information:
- Payment date (Pay date)
- Transaction number in our records (TransNo)
- Supplier Name (SuppID(T))
- How we classify the payment in our accounts (Account(T)) – this is a standard field which gives the name of the appropriate Chart of Accounts code we have recorded for the transaction
- Amount of payment (Amount)
The listing excludes payments of the following kinds:
- Payments posted to control accounts in our system, which require further analysis in order to provide meaningful detail about them.
We also redact the names of individuals where payments are made to them and we are required by the Data Protection Act to keep this data private. Review our payments here: