centre for public scrutiny

Promoting the value of scrutiny and accountability
in modern and effective government

Current time: 23-07-2014, 02:10 PM Hi there, Guest! (Login)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Councillor Call for Action - guidance
18-05-2009, 01:59 PM
RE: Councillor Call for Action - guidance
Ehammond Wrote:On the "ward member" issue - is it that likely that councillors will want to put forward a CCfA for a ward other than their own? I imagine there would be no quicker way to put other councillors' noses out of joint than to do this.

On purdah - this was raised at one of last week's launch events. All issues brought up through CCfA will probably be more political than most. Obviously all committee work stops in the runup to an election - it's logical that CCfA processes should also stop during this time, simply because there'll be nowhere for a CCfA to "go". I'd proceed with caution if you are thinking about having an extended purdah period just for CCfAs.

On districts/counties - this is very much up to you. The most pragmatic way forward would be for a CCfA to go to the district if it relates to services provided by that district. But you may want to develop joint arrangements as a more sensible approach.

I should rename this thread "CCfA clinic" or something!

As this is not the CCfA clinic (!), can anyone tell me whether LAA partners are obliged to provide information in relation to CCfAs to districts or is it just to counties in two tier areas? I can't remember the final outcome of all the discussions around that. I'm sure it's in the Act but all that legislation-speak is making my eyes go weird!

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply