I have had no expressions of interest yet in regards to adding comment entries into the district bulletin so I thought I would put together a list of possible topics you could write about in order to inspire you!
Possible topics for commentaries:
- Returning to the committee system-personal experiences/personal perceptions/thoughts about the committee system
- Experiences of scrutiny in your local authority after the CSR, what has been the immediate, knock on effects- what do you think the effects will be
- The abolition of the audit commission and other centralised inspectorate regimes and the impact you think this will have on scrutiny
- Interesting methods for involving the public for example, through social media.
- The Big Society. Perceptions? Possible effects for scrutiny?
- Sharing best practice
This is just a few ideas- the list is by no means exhaustive! I would be really grateful for some commentaries as it would really add to the general intrigue of the bulletin. As these are uncertain and hard times both financially in terms of policy, I think there should be a lot to say and as the bulletin will be distributed to scrutiny representatives in every local authority it is an excellent way of sharing your thoughts and getting your ideas and opinions heard.