centre for public scrutiny

Promoting the value of scrutiny and accountability
in modern and effective government

Current time: 20-09-2014, 01:58 PM Hi there, Guest! (Login)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overview and Scrutiny Models in Unitary Authorities
19-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Overview and Scrutiny Models in Unitary Authorities
This is a relatively quick and easy question. I am looking for examples of different Overview and Scrutiny Models in other Unitary Authorities.

I would also like to know if anyone has a single overview and scrutiny committee and if so how does that work. Do you have a series of working groups underneath the main committee or perhaps some scrutiny commissions.

If anyone can send me over examples of the above I would be very grateful. Several examples would be brilliant so that I can compare models.

I will collate the results and if anyone would like a copy I can send it to you if you let me know.

If at all possible I would like the information by end of business on Wednesday 21st March. Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Paulina Ford
Senior Governance Officer, Scrutiny
Peterborough City Council
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Overview and Scrutiny Models in Unitary Authorities
You could do worse than contact Derek Bishop, who convenes the Counties and Unitaries Scrutiny Network.

I don't have his details to hand right now but you may also have some joy in asking Paul Thistlewood, at the Isle of Wight, for advice on this as he is the Secretary of the Network.

I am fairly certain that they have recently gathered some fairly comprehensive information on this nature.

At the moment, we have just opened our 2012 Annual Survey for responses and in May we will have a comprehensive and up to date picture for ourselves. Our 2010 survey is slightly out of date now and while I could provide you with some examples from it, they might not all be current.

Research and Information Manager, CfPS
20-03-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Overview and Scrutiny Models in Unitary Authorities
Thank you. I do have Derek's contact details so will email him directly.

(19-03-2012 04:47 PM)Ed Hammond Wrote:  You could do worse than contact Derek Bishop, who convenes the Counties and Unitaries Scrutiny Network.

I don't have his details to hand right now but you may also have some joy in asking Paul Thistlewood, at the Isle of Wight, for advice on this as he is the Secretary of the Network.

I am fairly certain that they have recently gathered some fairly comprehensive information on this nature.

At the moment, we have just opened our 2012 Annual Survey for responses and in May we will have a comprehensive and up to date picture for ourselves. Our 2010 survey is slightly out of date now and while I could provide you with some examples from it, they might not all be current.