The Centre for Public Scrutiny’s Good Scrutiny Awards recognise and reward non-executives involved in scrutiny and accountability across the public and voluntary sector.
To book your place at the CfPS Annual Conference and Good Scrutiny Awards ceremony please visit our conference webpage here.
The shortlist for the Good Scrutiny Awards 2012 is:
- Brighton and Hove City Council – Traveller Scrutiny Panel
- Chesterfield Borough Council – Appreciative Inquiry
- Scottish Borders Council – Commuting and Impact of Modern Working Practices
Raising the Profile
- Gloucestershire County Council – Severn Estuary Commission
- London Borough of Redbridge – End of Life Care
- North East Lincolnshire Council – Coal Dust Select Committee
Transforming Services/Responding to Change
- Birmingham City Council – A Music City
- Cardiff Council – Night-time Economy
- London Borough of Ealing – August 2011 Riots
- Bassetlaw District Council – Future of Services at Bassetlaw Hospital
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council – Business Services Committee
- Surrey County Council – Review of Winter Maintenance Service
- Bradford City Council – Food Strategy
- Hartlepool Borough Council – Looked After Children and Young People
- North Central London JHOSC
In addition there are two further awards which will be given out on 12th June at the Good Scrutiny Awards ceremony.
The 'Scrutineers’ Choice’
awards will be selected by delegates at the CfPS 2012 conference, Powerful, Accountable, Local, from those entries which make the category shortlists. This award is selected by your peers and will be based on short video presentations that will be shown during the conference.
The judges will also present an ‘Overall Impact’
award for the entry which they believe best shows how scrutiny can make a positive contribution to a local area or service.
The standard of entries, as ever, was very high. Congratulations to those organisations that have been shortlisted.
For those who did not make the shortlist this year, commiserations and thank you for taking part. We recognise that a lot of effort goes in to submitting to the awards and that not being shortlisted is disappointing. We hope you will try again next year.
The awards will be presented at a ceremony which follows the CfPS Annual Conference - Powerful, Accountable, Local - more information about the conference can be found here.
Details of the categories available to download or view here.