Vision and Values
Our vision is that government and public services in Britain are more transparent, inclusive and accountable, creating public benefit by increasing public trust and helping public sector bodies become more efficient and effective in how they deliver the services that people need.
CfPS will be the ‘go-to’ organisation about public involvement, accountability, scrutiny and transparency. Our views – based on both research and practical experience – will help inform the development of policy and practice in the field of good governance and accountability. Our practical offer, based around programmes of support for individuals, organisations and communities, will help to improve the accountability, transparency and inclusiveness of publicly funded services.
The Centre for Public Scrutiny shares and demonstrates the following values within our organisation as well as in the way that we conduct our business, deliver our services and build relationships with stakeholders:
- Communicating positively, respectfully and openly.
- Taking responsibility for commitments, being professional, realistic and clear about what can be delivered.
- Using feedback constructively to ensure our work is of high-quality and provides value for money.
- Promoting inclusive working, recognising and championing diversity.
- Being independent ambassadors for scrutiny, accountability, transparency & involvement.