Good scrutiny begins with excellent work programmingReading Time: 1 minute
Get expert advice, support and resources
An effective work programme is central to effective scrutiny. But it’s no simple task. Consultation, prioritisation, challenging conversations, seeking agreement and then piecing it all together.
And then there’s the amount of resource available to support both the design and delivery of the work streams and making sure members are prepared and engaged.
CfPS offers support to officers and members on work programme design and development.
Training and development
- A key skills course for officers and members to work through the tools and techniques to research, set goals and prioritise programme options, and ways to make the process member led. This intensive workshop provides a useful primer for both members and officers as they launch he planning process.
Practical hands-on experienced support
- CfPS provides practical help to support the work programming process itself. A task and finish resource.
- We can facilitate, advise and do the legwork on the programming process, working with officers and members.
- We can manage the process and method for selecting topics, helping members to balance competing objectives; convening workshops and assisting in the design of the final work programme.
Extra expertise and capacity to manage peak periods and set-up scrutiny for a productive and successful year.
- Initial planning meeting with officers / chair of committee(s) – to set out first principles, assemble long-list and discuss planning assumptions and constraints.
- Collate evidence supporting each proposed item.
- Work programming seminars with scrutiny councillors to agree criteria to prioritise, discuss and agree subjects and schedule in scrutiny work.
For more information about this or other CfPS consultancy and training products contact CfPS on 020 3866 5100 | firstname.lastname@example.org